I apparently never summarized this series when I originally prepared it, so, as I’ve been reorganizing some things following the conclusion of my most recent series, I wanted to get this a little more orderly. Here’s the series:
- A day before it formally started, I wrote about the series as a whole and why San Andreas remained my favorite;
- Then I kicked the series off with a structured statement of planned posts;
- I began the formal series with my attempt to explain why I didn’t think the games functioned successfully as satire;
- I moved on to discuss the games’ deep problems with depicting women;
- I next explored how Grand Theft Auto V began to reintroduce an extended continuity of events to the HD era of the franchise; and
- Finally, I provided a post wrapping up the series.
For the sake of completeness, I’m also linking to my much older post discussing the filmic influences on the games.